Tuesday 18 February 2014

The Strypes - Hard To Say No


Taken from the new stunning EP, '4 Track Mind,' The Strypes are back (well, they didn't really go anywhere did they? Except onwards and upwards!) and are sounding better, and more mature, than ever.

I don't know how many times I've said this, but it's important to remember that the band have an average age of seventeen. SEVENTEEN. For the music they construct, they are musically complicated and wise beyond their years. It is truly remarkable.

The music is fast paced, gritty, grungy almost. They have taken the history of rock 'n' roll, chewed it up and spat it into the faces of the sceptics and critics with their fiery vocals, ardently forceful drumming and incandescent guitars.

I'm glad to see they are getting the recognition they deserve though - they're nice guys; they deserve all the luck and happiness in the world.

The Strypes are currently in the midst of a UK headliner tour and will be returning to Ireland for the following dates:
10th April 2014 - BELFAST, Limelight
11th April 2014 - DUBLIN, The Academy
12th April 2014 - DUBLIN, The Academy

I got my tickets, you should get yours too. You won't want to miss this! And I might even chance my arm at getting an interview with the band, if I'm lucky...

No comments:

Post a Comment