Tuesday 25 February 2014

Not Quite General Fiasco...

General Fiasco: A progressive/indie-rock band from Co. Derry, Northern Ireland who were impossible to dislike. They were established around the same time as Two Door Cinema Club, but for some strange reason, didn't get as much hype. They split up last January. It broke my heart - They were the first Northern Irish band I ever got into, I wouldn't honestly be writing this if it wasn't for them.
Oh Volcano: Half of General Fiasco - brothers Owen and Enda Strathern to be exact. Only one song in existence as of late, got it's first play on BBC Radio 1 by Northern Irelander Phil Taggart last night. 

Yes, of course I am still gutted that General Fiasco are not together anymore (a year is not long enough to heal my wounds) but I am absolutely buzzing that Owen and Enda are up and making music again. I had this nightmarish image of them sitting and twiddling their thumbs for the last year, or sitting at some monotonous office job when they should be on a stage, playing in front of an audience or in a studio doing what they do best.

It's still early days yet, but I have a good feeling about Oh Volcano. You can click HERE to check out their first video for 'Oceans.'

No comments:

Post a Comment